I still remember the days when I had my old small laptop with only 11′ display and a very small resolution. It was not easy to play the Football Manager on it. The more I’m enjoying now the fact I have a very good laptop with a classic 1920×1080 resolution. But I also have one small laptop, mainly for my travelling and working away from home when it’s needed. And allowed as well in the current COVID-19 time. It led to the situation I decided to make and share my work with all of you who have the low resolution = FM21 Rensie Purple & Dark skins Low Resolution.
The main point of this is that I took my favourite parts of the “classic” FM21 skin version and I optimised all of them to a smaller size.
It was made on the laptop with the 1366×768 resolution and 100% zoom option.
Same as the big version of the skin, the settings are from the Base skins made by michaeltmurrayuk.
That also means both skins have the background support thanks to Michael and you can use the player/club/competitions etc. background images. Just reduce/increase the opacity, as you can see how to do it here. The main edits contain player overview screen, club overview and player popup profile (the one when you hover over the “i” icon).
Main edited things
As you can see in the list below, most of the things from the original skin are the same. Some of them worked without big edits. Some of them were just resized or the widgets were slightly moved up or down.
- Player Overview
- Club Profile
- Player Popup
- Player comparison
- Stadium profile
- Club Overview
- Non-player popup profile – edited the height of the staff profile picture to ensure it fits the details panel
- Team/Squad Depth screen made horizontal instead of vertical
- Schedule screen without the white background + fixture details on the right side is wider with the more info
- Past meetings screen improved – the right side width increased, the info is the same as in the schedule screen
- Player pictures in the tactics screen
- Add player within the Mentoring screen height adjusted to fit properly
- Instant result
- Team of the Week pitch in the mailbox size increased – example
- The kits widget size in the national team General/Overview screen increased – example
If I would be forced to use the laptop with a low resolution, what can happen whenever my high-end laptop will not work, I would be more than happy to use this custom skin. It offers the most of the things I like to use within FM skin.
We are all different and maybe you won’t like it. That’s a normal thing. I just wanted to share it with you as I would be happy to have another option along the default skin or other low resolution skins.
FM21 Rensie Purple & Dark skins Low Resolution Gallery
*If you want to see nations flags in the player overview instead of the nations associations logos, don’t use the association’s logos within your logo packs.
** I didn’t edit the match panels/match in-between highlights panels. As you know, the match UI was changed for the FM21 and it would surely deserve some edit to avoid too many useless rooms of space but I don’t have enough time for it. Be sure to check SI Forum for the possible match screen mods or other skins if someone other will make it.
Download FM21 Rensie Purple & Dark skins Low Resolution
Gaz / FMwkdsoul for his idea of the selector in the player overview screen as I saw it in screens from his skins on Twitter and decided to make it by myself.
FMEnhanced as I took the Instant Result option from his v2.0 version.
* Please note this skin is provided as-is. It has nothing to do with Sports Interactive or SEGA and won’t be supported by them.
How to install FM21 Rensie Purple & Dark skins Low Resolution:
- If you’re in the game just quit the game to eliminate crashes or issues with the game.
- Download the .zip archive and unzip it.
- Move the extracted folder “FM21 Rensie Dark Low Res” or “FM21 Rensie Purple Low Res to your skins folder: Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2021/skins
- Run Football Manager 2021, go to Preferences and select “FM21 Rensie Dark Low Res” or “FM21 Rensie Purple Low Res” on the Overview screen.
If you think this work deserves some donation to my PayPal account, you are free to send some money via this link – paypal.me/fmrensie or click to the picture.
The money from FM20 were used not for my own but I sent them to the food bank as I mentioned in this tweet.